Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I am officially a grown up....yikes!

Well I just found out today that I will be the new 2nd grade teacher at StoneBridge Elementary back home in Brandon. WOW I have no idea what to think. I am nervous, excited, shocked all at the same time. I also feel kind of guilty too. So many people I love don't have jobs yet and I just don't know what to say. All of my room mates are Elementary Education majors too and so far only two of us have found jobs. I know that Lauren and Haley will be some of the most outstanding teachers this state has ever seen and I pray that they find a job that they will love. I honestly feel so lucky to have this great job at the school of my dreams but I just don't understand why me? Why is it that I have gotten exactly what I wanted but some of my best friends haven't? Josh made a 4.0 in the MBA program this year and he still has not found anything yet. How is this fair? He is one of the smartest most dedicated people I know and why is it that he has not found a job yet? Or Haley and Lauren for that matter. They both are amazing people and are some the most creative and loving teachers I have ever met. I have to just wonder why people like this do not have jobs yet while I have been so blessed? I am not saying by any means that I would want to give up my job or anything like that I just feel some what guilty for having everything I want in a job. I know that they will find jobs and that they all will do amazing at them I just don't see how people right of college get jobs. Is it really the GPA and all the clubs your apart of that matter or does it really come down to who you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment